Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 250 g (8.82 oz- 0.55 lb) of dried split peas
- 50 g (1.76 oz- 0.11 lb) of smoked bacon
- 1 leek
- 1 high-quality stock cube
- 1 half glass of dry white wine
- 30 g (1.06 oz- 0.066 lb) of butter
- 3 spoons of extra-virgin olive-oil
- 2 bread slices
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 spoons of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- Brown leek, cut to very thin slices, on the bottom of a pressure cooker with 20 g (0.704 oz- 0.044 lb) of butter and 2 spoons of oil. Add water and let the leek fry slightly until it becomes transparent.
- Add bacon cut to very thin pieces and let it roast brown.
- Wash peas under running water, then combine them with leek and bacon
- Salt and pepper. Add stock cube and as much water as it needs. Close the pressure cooker with its hermetic sealing and let it on fire for about 30 minutes.
- When cooking time has almost expired, rub bread slices just on one side with garlic, cut them to dice and let them brown in a saucepan with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena oil and butter left over to obtain crispy croutons.
- At the end of cooking time, open pressure cooker, emulsify the contents with a mixer and put soup into four soup plates.
- Add croutons and decorate soup with oil drops and a sprinkle of pepper. Serve immediately