Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 200 g (7.04 oz- 0.44 lb) of puff paste
- 1 cup of apricot jelly
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of fresh whole milk
- 100 g (3.52 oz- 0.22 lb) of sugar
- 2 spoons of dry Marsala
- 150 g (5.28 oz- 0.33 lb) of fresh cream
- 400 g (14.08 oz- 0.88 lb) of strawberries
- 2 spoons of dry white wine
- 4 spoons of Strawberry Condiment with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- Roll out paste and divide it into small stripes. Put them upon a baking tin and bake them in warm oven. Let stripes cool.
- When they are cool, paint them with molten apricot jelly.
- Beat up eggs and 6 spoons of sugar. Add milk and a sprinkle of Marsala, then cook on a slow fire up to boiling point. Let it boil for 2 minutes, then remove from fire.
- Whip cream, then join it softly to custard.
- Clean strawberries and let them rest for a short time in wine and sugar.
- Place paste stripes upon a dish, then sprinkle with plenty of custard. Decorate with Strawberry Condiment with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena