Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 4 duck breasts with the skin
- 4 laurel leaves
- 3 spoons of honey
- 2 spoons of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 3 spoons of extra-virgin olive-oil
- 1 spoon of cane sugar
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg, butter
- 20 cleaned little round onions (like Borettane)
- 1 broccoli
- Take a frying-pan and warm up oil. Fry slightly the meat on the side of the skin on a slow fire, salt and pepper. Add nutmeg and laurel leaves.
- Cover the frying-pan and keep on cooking for about 40 minutes, reaching your suitable cooking level. From time to time, pick up some spoons of cooking sauce and pour them upon the upper side of the breasts.
- Paint the upper side of the meat with honey and keep on cooking for 10-15 minutes in the covered frying-pan to caramel it.
- Warm up oven to 160 °C (320 F) and bake onions in an oiled baking-tin for 40 minutes. Then sprinkle every onion with a coffee-spoon of water and with sugar. Put them into the oven again and turn on the grill function. Keep on baking for 10 minutes, until the sugar is burnt.
- Remove the meat from fire and cut it to thin slices.
- Add Balsamic Vinegar of Modena to meat cooking sauce and thicken it on fire.
- Mince broccoli and cook it in the microwave for 6-7 minutes.
- Half-cook broccoli in a frying-pan with some butter.
- Serve meat and vegetables sprinkled with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena sauce.