Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 320 g (11.27 oz- 0.705 lb) of egg pasta such as maltagliati or straccetti
- 500 g (17.6 oz- 1.1 lb) of Savoy cabbage
- 2 cups of flesh broth
- 200 g (7.05 oz- 0.44 lb) of mild speck
- 2 laurel leaves
- 3 spoons of extra-virgin olive-oil
- 2 spoons of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 100 g (3.52 oz- 0.22 lb) of Parmesan cheese
- Wash and clean Savoy cabbage and cut it to little strips. Scald it in boiling salt water.
- Put a saucepan onto the fire and warm up oil, laurel and three little pieces of butter.
- Cut speck to thin strips, let it half-cook in the saucepan. Strain off the water from Savoy cabbage and then add it to speck.
- Let the cooking go on and add flesh broth if speck dries too much.
- In the meanwhile, boil pasta in abundant salt water. By the middle of pasta cooking time, strain off water from it and add it to the mixture cooking in the saucepan.
- Cook pasta for the time remaining and add broth if it needs.
- At the end of cooking add Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and grated Parmesan cheese. Take the saucepan off from fire and season pasta with a little piece of butter. Serve immediately.