Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 1 white celery stem
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 octopuses of about 600 g (21.12 oz- 1.32 lb) of weight
- Salt, pepper
- 2 lemons
- 2 spoons of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 3 little pieces of butter
- 1 half glass of Brandy
- 60 g (2.11 oz- 0.13 lb) of French beans
- 60 g (2.11 oz- 0.13 lb) of asparagus
- 4 champignons
- 1 salad bush
- Plunge cleaned octopus in boiling salt water, cook up to water boiling point, then keep on boiling for 10 minutes.
- Peel cooked octopus, cut flesh to slices and place it in a bowl.
- Boil French beans and asparagus separately in boiling salt water. Strain off water when they are still quite underdone.
- Clean celery and cut it to slices. Peel tomatoes, remove seeds and cut them to dice. Clean champignons, cut them to slices and sprinkle them with lemon juice, so that they won’t become dark.
- Warm up a frying-pan and melt 2 pieces of butter. Add octopus slices, French beans, asparagus, celery, tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes on a brisk fire
- Place some salad leaves in the middle of every dish. Pour octopus and vegetables over it.
- Warm up a saucepan and melt butter left over. Add the juice of a half lemon, Brandy and Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. Blend all.
- Salt, pepper and cook on a slow fire keeping the sauce stirred until it thickens.
- Sprinkle octopus salad with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena dressing and serve warm.