Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 300 g (10.56 oz- 0.66 lb) of carrots
- 3 spoons of extra-virgin olive-oil
- 3 little pieces of butter
- 1 big potato
- 1 tuft of fresh mint
- 2 cups of 00 wheat
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- 100 g (3.52 oz- 0.22 lb) of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 onion
- 10 little round tomatoe
- 1 tea-spoon of sugar
- 2 spoons of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- Peel off carrots and potato, boil them in salt water and keep boiling water after straining it off from vegetables.
- Mash vegetables together to obtain a dense mixture. Add wheat, egg, yolk, salt, pepper and 50 g (1.76 oz- 0.11 lb) of grated Parmesan cheese. Blend well.
- Sprinkle a chopping-board with wheat and divide the mixture into small balls. Roll balls out to obtain long cylinders. Form many little gnocchi (about 2 cm long) cutting cylinders with a sharp knife.
- Mince onion and let it fry slightly with oil and butter. Add water until onion becomes transparent.
- Salt and pepper. Wash and clean tomatoes, divide them into halves and clean off seeds. Mince them and add them to onion. Sprinkle with sugar and add Balsamic Vinegar of Modena.
- Let it cook and add water if necessary, until you obtain a tomato confit.
- In the meanwhile, boil gnocchi in abundant salt water and strain off water when they come to the surface.
- Mix gnocchi with vegetables sauce. Let them fry quickly, then add basil and mint.
- Season with butter and Parmesan cheese left over, then take off from fire and serve immediately.